Monday 31 March 2014

Colour Schemes



My first design is using a monochromatic colour scheme. I chose a green hue, using different tones and values within it. The green theme has connotations of nature, which works well with the images of fruits and vegetables. However, it does not work well as it is not particularly reminiscent of food, and as a book cover would not draw people in. 



My second design uses an analogous colour scheme. I used different tones of red, orange and yellow hues. This is effective as the different colours work well together and make the front cover look aesthetically pleasing. In contrast to this, these hues have connotations of autumn, which does not fit in with the theme of my book. 



My third design uses a complementary colour scheme. I chose to use different values and tones of red and green. These colours have connotations of vegetables and salads, which fits in with the cookery theme of my book cover. As well as this, the red and green of the images and the white of the text have connotations of the Italian flag. This suits my design as my book is on Italian cookery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment